SIGN UP PROCESS
Pacifica Choirs registers new students throughout the year, with most students joining in time for the Fall and Spring semesters (September and January). During this COVID health crises, we are holding online Zoom classes for children from Kindergarten through 5th grade. No auditions are required to join the online classes. Our oldest choir will resume once we can meet in person again.
- Complete the online Request for Information or download a printable version.
- Admittance to the Children’s Chorus (Kindergarten-2nd grade) does not require an audition. If your child is in the third grade or older, the choir director, Susan Senft, will contact you upon receiving the form to arrange an audition. Auditions are very child-friendly and intended to get a sense of your child’s musicality and ability to read music. Children can be expected to sing a simple song. At this time, Susan will answer any questions that you may have about the choir.
- Once you and Susan have confirmed your child’s placement and participation, you will receive a choir contract to sign and return with payment. Pacifica offers several payment plans that are described within its tuition information.
If you are interested in learning more about the choir, Susan can connect you with a parent of a current choir member. We welcome the opportunity to talk with you more about the choir and your child’s musical interests.
|Choir||Grades||Rehearsal length||Entry level||Time period|
|Children’s Chorus||K-2||30 minutes||$ 800||8 months|
|Ensemble||3 – 5||40 minutes||$ 800||8 months|
|Chamber Singers||6-12||on hiatus|
- Tuition is pro-rated to the date of entry.
- A sibling discount of 20% is taken from the younger child’s or children’s tuition.
- A sliding scale or scholarship is available to families with needing financial aid.
- 100% if annual family income is $100,000 or over
- 75% if annual family income is between $75,000 – $99,999
- 50% if annual family income is between $50,000 – $74,999
- Payments may be made in one or two payments, or monthly with a small administrative fee.
- Every member is expected to purchase a choir T-shirt ($18) which is worn at the spring concerts. (when we meet in person again)
- Every family purchases at least 4 tickets to each of 3 concerts at the beginning of the choir year. (when we meet in person again)
Each family is expected to make a donation to the annual fund.
In addition, we hold our fall Ice Breaker in November and there are various ways that families and friends can support our choirs at that event. Family entry fee of $25 is paid with your initial choir payment.